Blog Catalog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Saturn?

Last evening, I was watching "The Colbert Report", as usual, before I went to sleep and what should I see but a Saturn car commercial.

Saturn?

Are you kidding me?

Isn't it already a foregone conclusion that GM is closing down Saturn, along with Pontiac and saying "adieu" to the whole bunch?

Then, get this--the commercial went on about "Saturn Total Confidence" (love the capitol letters, don't you?).

Saturn Total Confidence.

That killed me.

I guess they have to sell cars, sure, but they'd have to be virtually giving these things away for me to want to purchase one, since the company is disappearing. Sure GM will support them, I guess, but who knows how.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Well when you use aluminum block engines they sure crap out fast. Saturn has always been another dollar store of autos just like KIA. Now all of a sudden they want to compete on the big boy scales.