Blog Catalog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Let's put the kabosh to this

I could hardly believe what I read today.

I am some kind of naive.

Check this out--Congress, right now, is seriously considering purchasing 8 new corporate-style jets for itself.

In the midst of the largest budget deficit we've ever had as a country.

In the middle of the deepest recession in the last 70 years.

Can you imagine Congress trying to pull this kind of thing off in the middle of the Great Depression? There's no way they'd have even attempted such a thing.

What chutzpah.

I immediately wrote my two Senators and, for once, didn't ask them to do the right thing, I told them to vote against this and to kill it.

Over one-half billion dollars for 8 planes.

It's like I said earlier, it's not as though, because of this purchase, they'd race to solve our problems any quicker, that's for sure.

And this is on top of the "automatic pay raise" they gave themselves not long ago.

Write your Senators.

Now.

Link to story:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124960404730212955.html

2 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

It's just too risky to fly commercial with your mistress.

Mo Rage said...

good point, HB. I completely forgot that one.