Blog Catalog

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Remind me not to be at the Marriott downtown

The news blurb:

"Police items stolen from car"

"Someone broke a window and stole two sets of body armor, ammunition and police clothing from an unmarked Lenexa Police Department car Thursday at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown, 310 W. 12th St.

A tactical sergeant parked there for a conference, Kansas City police said. When he returned to the vehicle, he discovered the theft."

Somebody has cajones.

Okay, a couple of points here.

1) The guy who did this had some guts (or whatever);

2) The police aren't even safe

3) Are we really becoming this lawless, as a city and society?

4) The Marriott Hotel Downtown may not know it or care or whatever (surely they do) but they have a pretty serious security and staffing problem if a cop, for pitys sake, with a police car, in or near their facility isn't safe from theft;

5) Downtown Kansas City has a bigger problem than I think was realized, heretofore;

6) The city of Kansas City has the same problem.

It'll be a long time from now, if ever, that I go near the Marriott, thank you very much.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big downtown supporter and love the place and don't run from my shadow but seriously, if a police car isn't safe, how is mine?

4 comments:

Radioman KC said...

Mornin! Yawn. Well The post was interesting but hey! If you avoid everyplace where there's been a breakin or other crime, you won't get out much as you walk this planet.

I think about the only place where there hasn't been a crime of some kind might be remote parts of Antarctica... because man hasn't fully walked it yet. (grin)

Mo Rage said...

yeah, you're right, to an extent. What I will say is that I'm sure Marriott has to address this problem, first, and I know I would be very aware of where and how I park there, if I had to go, because of this incident.

May said...

Your car is probably safe if you don't have anything people would want to take from it... like body armor.

Mo Rage said...

people virtually always have something in their car, one way or another, that someone else would want. once past the glass, it's a free for all, in the thief's eyes.