Blog Catalog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

West Edge Project: Coming down?

There is a rumor out in town about the West Edge Project, just off the Plaza, that it will soon go up for sale in a bidding situation and that there will be no "bottom" price unconsidered. As if that isn't enough, from this same source, it is considered "85% sure" that it will be demolished. Not pretty. Wow. That's fairly incredible. These are strange economic times we're living in, folks. This ain't your daddy's recession. Have a great weekend, y'all.

2 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

Frankly I totally approve of demo... that thing is a monstrosity... way too big for the site and ugly to boot.

Mo Rage said...

It's funny you should say that because I'd forgotten that my first reaction to the building, when it was going up, was that it was at least odd, with all its windows, if not out and out unattractive so I guess I'd have to say I agree with you.

mr