Blog Catalog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Wanna see a political meteor streak across the sky?

I find this hard to believe but apparently According to Chad Willems, a political advisor to (Arizona Sheriff Joe) Arpaio, his boss "enjoys being sheriff, but he has been asked by and urged by so many people" to mount a presidential pursuit. He told CNN that "thousands of people call and write or email him each week saying 'Run for president, run for president.'" Holy cow. You gotta' be kidding me. People want this grandstanding clown to run for President of the United States. Please. Bring it on. Maybe he can run with Sarah "the Quitter" Palin or Glenn "the Cryer" Beck or Bobby "Kenneth the Page" Jindal or some such matchup. It would be perfect. I can't imagine any candidacy that would catch fire and die as quickly as any of these, with Joe Arpaio tagging along, would. As if that isn't enough, check this out: Statements made in the past by Arpaio suggest he sees himself carrying significant political clout. Earlier this year, in squashing speculation that he might run for Governor in the Grand Canyon State, the Arizona sheriff said, "I don't want to be egotistical, but I could be the governor if I ran... My polls are very high. I got the money. I got the polls. I got the support." And, Apraio recently said that he considers his endorsement cred to be stronger than that of home state GOP Sen. John McCain. Last month, the Arizona sheriff suggested President Obama consult his advice on the issue of illegal immigration. What an ego this guy has. As usual lately, with US politics, I don't know if I can simply be amused and laugh or if I need to, instead, study the stupidity. Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/09/arizona-sheriff-joe-arpai_1_n_710411.html

1 comment:

Radioman KC said...

I'd suggest that what people want is less talk and more action. Its one of the things they liked about GWB... the perception that he was a decisive, no nonsense guy. A Sheriff, if it were. I think lots of people are sick of this talk about illegals and want something done, not next year, not watered down by the Republicans.