Blog Catalog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Klub Kilo?

I was driving through downtown Kansas City, Missouri Monday afternoon before I headed home when naturally I got stopped at a stoplight.

No big deal.

So I'm sitting there and all of a sudden my eye catches some flashing lights to my left.  I look.

I see an empty old building--one of the cool ones with big columns on the inside, etc.--and there are those lights, flashing.

It looks like an empty dance club.  And it says "Klub Kilo" on the building.

I knew I'd check it out.  And I did, of course.  You can google anything, right?

So here goes:


Club 1000 is a special event venue facility featuring 5 incredible and diverse ceremony and reception spaces. The options that are available at our facility are almost unlimited in creating those lasting memories that we all live to savor in the wonderful journey called life.
Club 1000 is located at 1000 Broadway KCMO 64105 on the corner of 10th street and Broadway Blvd. in the historic downtown garment district.  This historic building is located within the confines of the friendly Quality Hill neighborhood. The building is a traditional loft building built in the year 1904 and completed in April of the year 1905.

Further, it goes on:

John Berkowitz and Debra Berkowitz currently own Club 1000 with John Berkowitz president of operations and Debra Berkowitz president and operator of Glitters Fine Jewelry Store(www.glitters.com).  They are both in the business of love and marriage.

Event 1000 Inc. owns and operates a liquor license with 3:00am and Sunday availability. Club 1000 provides a featured list of approved catering companies that provide all food service in our facility. Wedding celebrations represent approximately 80% of the receptions serviced. The balance of the business is comprised of corporate parties, high school reunions, bar and bat mitzvahs, and a variety of private parties. Club 1000 aggressively strives to maintain and are proud to offer competitively priced event packages for prospective clients from a wide range of budgetary concerns.

The One Thousand Broadway Building represents an important part of John and Debbie’s family history. They will be honored to be a participant in your family’s history as well. Thank you for considering Club 1000 for your celebration.

Klub Kilo is the first floor of the operation and has a dance floor.

Now I have to hope I get invited to a private party there.

Don't hold your breath.

You can see all here:  http://www.club1000kc.com/index.html

No comments: