Blog Catalog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Monet's "Water Lilles" to be back!

I thought this was great news:  Monet's "Water Lilies", the 3 panels, 42 feet long in all, are to come back to the Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery again this Spring--early April, to be exact.

I remember seeing them when they were here the last time.  Naturally, I thought them amazing.  Such a revelation to see them in person.

Get this--the last time they were here?  The first time I saw them?

Thirty years ago.

Holy cow.

This is one of those "THAT much time has gone by??" moments.  Followed by "I CAN'T be THAT old, am I?"  (Don't answer that--it's rhetorical).

So good on the Nelson.  Another terrific show coming up.  And reasonably soon, too, what with the beginning being April 9.

It will make us think of Spring that much sooner and quicker, right?

Won't it?

Link:    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/09/2571310/monets-water-lilies-to-reunite.html

No comments: