Blog Catalog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Talk about over-legislating

Okay, here we go.  This is what the Libertarians and maybe the Tea Party members are complaining about.  Talk about too much government.

Two states--Arkansas and New York, if you can believe that--are considering making walking or running while you text illegal:

2 states take aim at distracted walkers, runners


And who's going to police this?  The police?  They don't have enough to do?

My Conservative, long-dead, I believe Republican uncle once made a terrific statement I never forgot:  "You can't legislate us to utopia."

I didn't agree with a lot of his politics but I certainly agreed with that one.

Naturally, that came to mind here, with these goofy ideas.

Link:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110124/ap_on_re_us/us_distracted_walkers

2 comments:

Sevesteen said...

Twice in a week I've agreed with you...what's the world coming to?

Mo Rage said...

Yeah, go figure.

And I feel okay and everything.

It's one of two things: Either America is coming together or the end of the world is coming soon.

I hope it's the former, naturally.