Blog Catalog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

On the Presiden'ts speech this evening: We're NOT number one??

If President Obama did anything necessarily wrong this evening, in his speech, it was that he said at one point we should work to be number one again. Excuse me? Someone in a national political office suggesting we are anything but "Number One"? That's either blunt, stark honesty or deafening, stunning ignorance. What he said: "Already, we’ve mobilized business leaders to train 10,000 American engineers a year, by providing company internships and training. Other businesses are covering tuition for workers who learn new skills at community colleges. And we’re going to make sure the next generation of manufacturing takes root not in China or Europe, but right here, in the United States of America. (Applause) If we provide the right incentives, the right support -- and if we make sure our trading partners play by the rules -- we can be the ones to build everything from fuel-efficient cars to advanced biofuels to semiconductors that we sell all around the world. That’s how America can be number one again. And that’s how America will be number one again. So, we're NOT number one?? And a politician suggested it? Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63043_Page3.html#ixzz1XQUG94iM

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I really liked his speech so much that I said so on Facebook. Most everybody tells me he's just trying to get elected again. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Mo Rage said...

You and me, Donna, you and me.