Blog Catalog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm so old...

I remember when website pages were static. If you clicked on and went to it, you were just at the site as it came up and--get this--it didn't change. It was great. I'm also so "old" that I remember that The Huffington Post was the first site to "refresh" and "renew" and change right in front of your eyes, as you were looking at it. God forbid you were reading something. All of a sudden---gone. The second site to change like that? Facebook. No surprise. You're reading or looking at something and all of a sudden, gone. It could be up, it could be down. It was up to you to find it. Hey, that's progress, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so old ... I know how to use the slide rule that my wife found at the antic store.

Mo Rage said...

There you go.

Ask a 15 year old even what it is, let alone how to use it.

That's actually why I started these things. There are so many things, changing so quickly and things that you and I and others grew up with are disappearing or the new things, with computers, are changing so quickly. I thought it would be a great tongue-in-cheek, repeating commentary and hopefully, amusing, if not an out-and-out joke.