Blog Catalog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Omaha, Nebraska?? No. 4 on "America's Happiest Cities" List?

I'm stunned. Men's Health Magazine rated America's 100 "Happiest" and "Saddest" cities, as I said in the last post and check this out--unbelievably, Omaha, Nebraska came out number four on the list of "Happiest". You gotta' be kidding me. In what way is that? I mean, I like Omaha--to visit--and I love their "old town" area--from Spring to Fall--but one of the nation's "happiest cities"? Yikes. You're kidding me. Did they not either go there from November to March or hear about it? Then there's the fact that there's the "old town" area and--guess what--that's it. That's all there is to see in that city. Well, besides, maybe the Doorly Zoo but even that is, again, from the best, mildest, warmest part of Spring through the best part of Fall. I'm stunned. And once again, on these lists, nearby Lincoln, NE is close by at number 11. Excuse me, but with the exceptions of college football or business, why would anyone go to Lincoln? I don't get it. Link: http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/frown-towns?cm_mmc=Huffington_Post-_-Frown%20Towns-_-Article-_-Frown%20Towns

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be saying, "How can they be happy? They don't have anything."

I agree with the Buddha: Happiness is being content with what you have & who you are. If you think things will make you happy, then you are walking the wrong path.

Mo Rage said...

Great point.

It's not what I'm saying but I do get how you say that.

I also agree with your Buddha quote but you know Americans--so many compare themselves to either the people on TV or the ones with palm trees out their window or whatever that I just didn't think of Omaha when I thought of happines.

That and I was, at least partly, having some fun with it/them.