Blog Catalog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sharp's restaurant closing--it's official

From their Facebook page just now: " I was 31 when I walked into the not yet open Sharp’s Grill in 1992 looking for work. I’m 51 now. That 20 years has flown by in a blink. I am blessed to have been taken under the wing of Trasi Sharp, one of the greatest women I will ever meet. I would like to thank her for those 20 years. I have also been blessed with seeing my guest’s relationships blossom and develop, families form and grow. I’ve watched your children grow up. I’ve seen way too many Sharp’s friends, who are more like family, buried. So you see you really are my extended family. My greatest regret, probably my only regret, is having my face too much in the books and the ordering and the advertising and the scheduling… instead of sitting with you, getting to know you better. In a large part I left the ‘getting to know you’ up to my staff. And they excelled at it. Sharp’s has so many critics. I suppose every success story does. But you have to admit, if nothing else, we have heart. We loved you unconditionally, as many of you did us. To everyone who felt it their duty to report on the end of this era before I could even talk to my employees about it, I would like to say thank you for your help. I hope you feel justified now that the word is officially out. It is time to move on. But not before I thank you for my life. Sharp’s has been the one thing that has been my constant over these 20 years. Nothing will ever replace you, or Sharp’s, in my life. So – we have till January 15th to live it up. Let’s have some fun! Marty"

No comments: