Blog Catalog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Chiefs: Okay, it's official (update)

An article online and at The Kansas City Star says Clark Hunt makes it official--the Chiefs are, in fact, trying to get Peyton Manning to come here to quarterback for the Chiefs. (link below0. A couple things come to my mind. First, to an extent, good for him/them. I guess. If it's to win games and at least get in the playoffs, if not the Super Bowl, then great, that's what we fans want. Unlike the Royals--the cheap, gross, disgusting Walmart of the MLB--who simply want to sell tickets, make an obscene profit and go home, we'd like to win a lot of games and go at least most of the way, if not all the way to the end of the season. My seoond thought is, I--and likely a lot of us--hope this isn't, in fact, just another Joe Montana ploy to fill seats because it would do that, certainly. (I say that and it did seem as though it was about filling seats and selling tickets but at least we did go 17-8 with "Boradway Joe"). Third and final thought--I just don't think he--Mr. Manning--is going to want to come here. I may be wrong, we have a lot in common, in some ways, city-wise, compared to Indianapolis, but not team- and football-wise. I don't think we have the money to buy Peyton Manning, nor, worse yet, the will to win. I'd love to be wrong on both counts, but especially that last one. I hope Clark Hunt and the Chiefs really, really care most about winning. I think they do. We hope they do. We shall see. Links: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/09/3480067/clark-hunt-says-chiefs-are-after.html; http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2682926/report-12-teams-including-miami.html. UPDATE: Report: Peyton Manning meeting with Broncos, then Cardinals and Dolphins. What's that tell you? Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-meeting-broncos-then-cardinals-dolphins-185853576.html

No comments: