Blog Catalog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Films that could never be remade VII

Back to my original them again. My final--I think--Stanley Kubrick film that can never be remade--"A Clockwork Orange." Talk about a unique film. And while it is both a beautiful film and a probing one--asking questions about what kind of a society we want to be and how do we treat criminals--it's so creative in its look, at the same time. And then there's that music--such great treatment of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. There's nothing like it which, ultimately, was the way all Kubrick's films were. And while it could never be redone, this is one that I also think shouldn't be redone because it's just too gruesome. At least it is for me and some of us out here. Links: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066921/

No comments: