Blog Catalog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Labor Ready: The big, shameful success on the backs of the poor, Part I (of 5)

I've been doing some research and have to report on what I have found to be the shameful and very shameless success of the Labor Ready temporary help company and how it's so very much on the backs of the poor and working poor. As it shows above, this is part one--the first way they expoit their help so grossly--of 5 total parts (unless I find yet more ways). The first example of how they exploit their employees is that they charge their corporate and company clients approximately at least $16 per hour for each employee. The employee--worker's--take? Usually $7.25 per hour. So you know, this is virtually always very back-breaking work, too, so you know. They keep $9.00 per hour for every $7.25 the hard-working employee gets. That's the first one. Trust me, it gets worse. MUCH worse. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mo you should check on their verification that they are required to do on SS#. Only photocopy it. So multiple people could be using the same card

Mo Rage said...

I don't understand how that impacts this storyline. That sounds as though you're saying this is something the employees--the temps--might be doing, to rip off L Ready or the government. Do I have you wrong on that?