Blog Catalog

Friday, March 23, 2012

More of the best TV on TV

I've often held that National Public Radio--NPR--is the best radio on radio. I have to go one step further, in a similar thread, and say that for news, coverage of important national issues on their news, their history specials, their entertainment with series like "Downton Abbey" and, Austin City Limits, broadcasts from the Metropolitan Opera in New York and more, PBS--the Public Broadcasting System--is some of the, if not the best television on TV. With all that in mind, I have to say I think their PBS Newshour nightly discussion with David Brooks and Mark Shields is the calmest, most lucid, intelligent, least emotional and partisan and so, most important, regular discussion on our national politics, politicians and situations in the country, I feel sure. The country would be helped greatly if more people saw this brief segment and really listened to the men.

No comments: