Blog Catalog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Please allow me to gush

Indeed, please allow me to gush here a bit on the incredible film and incredible film-maker that is "2001: A Space Odyssey" and Stanley Kubrick. I know I wrote of this recently but I just watched it again Friday evening for a bit as it was on TV. Once again, it just stunned me. Not only does it still resonate but I had to check to see when, exactly it was made--what year--because not only is the story intriguing and engaging but the visuals are just simply extraordinary. From the scenes in space to the shots on distant planets, it all works so well, creates magnificent tension and yet is so stunningly beautiful. It left me wondering, if Mr. Kubrick were still alive today, what with all the CGI and other technologies available for creating movies, what would he have yet created for us and our enjoyment and fascination.

No comments: