Blog Catalog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Notes on driving around the city last evening

Three notes:

--First, it seems clear--very clear--that the state of Missouri got a whole lot of things done on I-435 and I-70 in order to spruce it up prior to Major League Basevall's All Star Game that's coming up shortly. It's wider, smoother, painted and nearly completely ready to go. Kudos to all involved.

--Second, I cannot begin to understand who thought up the new interchange at I-435 and Front Street.

Wow. Just wow.

A "roundabout" like they have in Europe and that we've imitated now, here in the States, has nothing on the zig-zag that this intersection has going on. When you're driving it, you're not quite sure where it's going and you're following all the signs you can, just to make sure you're in the right place.

--Finally, I can't be certain but I believe the least expensive gas in town right now is $3.29 per gallon at the Flying J truck stop at said same I-435 and Front Street exit.

Just good luck to you navigating that thing.

Yikes.

Now, keep cool out there today.

No comments: