Blog Catalog

Friday, June 29, 2012

On health care reform in America

From the friend of a friend, written about the Affordable Care Act (otherwise referred to as "Obamacare"). This is from the father of a child with a medical condition:

"The health care thing is really getting to me. I feel like a worry has been lifted off my shoulders. Although we have good health insurance right now, for years we did not, and I have been carrying the worry around about what would happen with Jackson when he gets older. The ACA is not perfect, but it is much better than the old methods of rescission and denials for pre-existing conditions or not being able to get insurance at all. It saddens me that there are so many people who have an 'I got mine' attitude and oppose something as pro-family and simply humane as this."

This, ladies and gentlemen, shows, very simply, why we needed health care reform, this health care reform in the United States.

We needed this and actually even more.

But this will do--it has to--for now.

No comments: